At Total Team Building, we understand that it can often be difficult to come up with new ideas for outdoor team building activities and you can quite often find yourself doing the same old team building exercise.
Treasure hunts are a wonderful way to take you on a new journey of discovery that will challenge you to locate the hidden treasure that will leave you laden with riches you never expected. This outdoor team building activities program is new and exciting and we are positive that if you are looking for new ideas for team building or a new team building exercise, then our creative treasure hunts will give you all the options you need.
Faced with twists and turns, these team building ideas and team building exercises will have your teams challenged like never before to unlock the clues and crack the codes that will lead you to the ultimate prize……. the hidden treasure!
No team is ever made up of one person and you will definitely need all team members to collaborate in order to be successful in finding and correctly deciphering your clues throughout the duration of your Treasure Hunt. Outdoor team building activities such as this one bring teamwork to a whole new level as teams are required to work together in a very different environment than the workplace.
You may travel long distances or remain right on your doorstep, but whichever way you go, you are sure to battle the seven seas as one tight knit crew. Even though these outdoor team building activities are designed to be conducted outside, they can also be altered for indoors if required.
Finding your treasure may infact be the easy part, but once you get there you may be surprised with what lies ahead. Just when you think you’ve found the key, there is always something just around the corner to test your final resolve.
There are many lessons to be learnt along this journey, both as individuals and as a team. In life we need to know how to contribute as an individual and as a team member and during your Treasure Hunt, everyone will get a chance to be both. As teams participate in these team building exercises they will start to understand each other more and learn how to work together.
We Have 4 Treasure Hunts For You To Choose From:
- Transitional Treasure Hunts: This involves traveling on foot, utilising public transport or could perhaps involve utilising cars, mini buses, limo’s etc. The choice is all yours!
- Beach or Park Treasure Hunts: This involves staying in the one location.
- Indoor Treasure Hunts: This involves conducting it in and around your conference room. Activities will change to suit the location.
- Adventure World Treasure Hunts: This involves moving around to different locations throughout Adventure World and completing challenges at each one.
Time: 2-3 hrs (Indoors / One location / Adventure World). 2-4 hrs (Transitional)
Group Size: 6 +
Some of the team building outcomes you could expect to achieve throughout one of our treasure hunts would be:
- Team members learning how to not only contribute ideas as individuals, but also to listen to their team mates and acknowledge their ideas before coming to a group consensus.
- Recognising each others strengths and weaknesses and collaborating together to be successful as a team.
- Increased creativity levels. Using mind, body and strategy to create processes and solve puzzles successfully.
- Become decisive as a group. Learn to trust each other and know when you need a leader and when you need everyone to get the job done.
- Increased communication, particularly between those that wouldn’t normally work together. Assisting people to see skills in others that they may not have experienced before.
- Learning how to encourage each other and the team as a whole to forge a stronger link between it’s individual members.
- Understanding that it’s OK to ask for help as this is a TEAM event not an individual one.
- The art of perseverance. When you think it’s all over having the persistence to keep going as you never know what’s around the corner.
If you have any other ideas for team building outcomes that you would like us to cover, please let us know.
One of our Treasure Hunts could be just the program you have been looking for!